Whether we like it or not, the Electric Vehicle is upon us. The world of the motor car is changing at a frightening but also exciting rate. AutoTrader magazine has published an online in-depth article on this important matter, and we have posted it in Other Links in our Sources & Links pages, under the heading Driving Ethically: Understanding the sustainability of electric cars.
We give the link here as well:
The article includes insights into:
- The infrastructure challenges of rising demand for electric cars
- A look at sustainability strategies within the car industry
- The impact of increased manufacturing of EV batteries and chargers
- The global efforts towards increased transparency and traceability of EV supply chains
- ‘Circular economy’ initiatives to reduce scrap and landfill waste from EV manufacturing
- Helpful advice for responsible electric car ownership.
It also shares data and statistics such as:
- 57% of consumers are willing to change their purchasing habits to help the environment
- The UK will need 6.99 million charge points by 2030 – 1.66 million of which will need to be public.
Leave a Comment